Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Flashback October 2004 at Kutch

Continuing my old habit of peeping outside the aircrafts little window , I peeped outside to see a birds eye view of Bhuj . Deserted hillocks , a smallPatch of green and more desert ! I was greeted by a Tractor at the airportcarrying my luggage to the newly installed conveyer . As I was settling into my pick up vehicle, on the way to Gandhidham, I was shocked by the colors on the road ....... Saffron , Saffron and only Saffron ( Thank God I didnt have my french beard ! ).Later I understood they were not Shiv Sena Guys but pilgrims seeking Darshan of Maa Ashapura Devi .The Roads were lined with make shift tents with free shade , water ,food and even bedding along the roadsas seva for the pilgrims . Gandhidham being in the middle of a desert is more expensive than Bombay and I'm definately feeling the pinch. But I'm not complaining about the Indica andBolero which are ready to hit the sand at my beck and call .The agency office has just 2 P & O Nedlloyd Guys . My Boss Anindya chakraborty is outstanding ( Though Currently he must be standing in some Durga Puja in Cal ) No Seriously hez very good .I was quite surprised by the Hep crowd at the dandia's here . I got to know that the entire crowd is connected to shipping in some way or other and the richest among them are those that deal with ... .. guess ... guess ..... Scrap!My Current profile is a mix of customer operations and sales support .Next week I'll bevisiting the 3 ports here and also make a round of all Gujrat Customers . MindyouGujrat is like a different state this is Kutch- Gujrat .... This is wha tthe locals tell me .Thats it from Kutch - Hope to see the Rann of Kutch and Pak Border and all the places were we have missles aimed at Pak ( Local legend has it that a blackmountain here has enough ammo to blast whole of the sandy district and rest of Gujrat twice over)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home